Managing Safety and Establishing Routines in Your Outdoor Space
This training module, led by Hollie, will build your confidence around managing safety in your own outdoor environment and provide you with strategies for routine outdoor learning.
What’s included in the module?
- Risks and hazards; the difference between them
- How to use a risk benefit assessment and why you need one
- Developing children’s own risk assessing
- Using boundaries with the children to ensure safe working outdoors
- Precautions to take outdoors for common safety risks
- How to establish a routine for taking whole classes outside
‘The more risks you allow children to take, the better they learn to take care of themselves.’ – Roald Dahl
Includes an interactive handbook
Our bespoke handbooks are designed to sit alongside the video, providing you a quick way to reference back to the training afterwards. They’re also editable, meaning you can type your notes straight into them. Then simple download to save to your device for safe keeping!
You’ll also find your certificate of completion in the back of the handbook.
What’s included in your online training?
- Access to an online video delivering the training – you can watch this at a pace to suit you
- An interactive handbook with key notes from the training and space to reflect and make notes – this is in the form of an editable PDF
- A certificate as proof of training
- Follow-up support provided to all subscribers through Live Calls in our exclusive Facebook Group – supporting you in becoming a successful outdoor educator!